Wednesday, September 13

Archives: Two weeks later

So, it's been 2 weeks since we touched down at Narita.

Weather's taken a sudden dip - instead of the heat that greeted us when we first arrived, it's now almost uncomfortably cold (especially during the night) and with constant rain.
Gonna go out for drinks later, maybe if we're lucky the rain will take a break. It's been raining non-stop for more than 2 days now.

Got lost again the other night, wasn't a bright idea going into an unfamiliar part of the city in the middle of the night while holding an umbrella which obscured my sight. Dunno why I even took the umbrella since I managed to get soaked anyway.
All that just to buy a new frying pan and cleaning stuff.
*shrug* found where all the schools here are at least.

We were told the other day by one of the hospital staff that the temperature difference between night and day can be desert-like during the winter, with 15 celsius during the day, and minus 15 at night. He also mentioned how snow sometimes reaches shoulder height. Sounds fun.
Japanese lessons are going well, some teachers push you quite hard but that's a good thing.

There's something I've noticed while I've been here, it's been on the edge of my mind since I first arrived and I've only really just put my finger on it.
I'm not killing time. (gasp)
Back in the UK, everyday just seemed like a wait for something more important or more interesting. I spent my time each day waiting for the next time I had something planned on the calender - going out with friends, college, holidays and other events. All I was really doing was trying to find a way to make my wait a little less boring.
While I have stuff planned on the calender over here (too much if you ask me), each event is more of a stepping stone rather than a milestone in the horizon.
No more trouble sleeping, cause I'm actually tired by the end of the day.
Nightly bike rides around the vast surroundings after the daily 8.30am to 4.00pm schedule keep me occupied while almost all the people here are friendly and likeable... it feels as though I'm actually living life rather than walking past it.

Well it all sounds kinda weird but hey, I could get used to this.

No comments: