Tuesday, September 12

Archives: Hospital Japanese Lessons

This time I really can't be bothered to write a proper entry.

The teachers are random hospital staff, each one teaches completely differently. Some hardly speak English, some conduct lessons entirely in English, others just sit there pointing at words and translating them.
Lessons start at 8.30 every morning in the hospital library, and end at 4pm with a 2 hour lunch break inbetween. Picking up loads, although so far we're just sifting through the basics and I'm just refreshing my memory. I want to start studying it properly in the apartment so it's easier to do stuff.
Gonna find a gym and some local clubs to join. Want to pick up aikido again, and karate as well as some random cultural crap like tea ceremony lessons to make the most of it.
Cycling last night = getting lost. Spent about 6 hours on my bike in the dark going around creepy looking rural areas. Also went in a straight line out of town at about 10pm to see how far I could get. Got to a petrol station in the middle of nowhere at about 11 and decided to head back.
The 3rd teacher we had was cool. Most of the lesson was just chatting in English, he wants to introduce us to a lot of girls around our age and he was talking about how he liked girls with big racks. No comment.
Anyway I stayed quiet *cough* - although he did say that getting a Japanese girlfriend is the best way to learn the language by far. I don't like the idea, and besides I'm only here for 6 months.
We gave him our emails and he's gonna contact us for nights out and joining some local sports clubs.
Apparently he knows a lot of single good looking girls. Hmm.
Raining right now, want to out again when it stops so I can buy an electronic translator and some other junk.
Gonna try and go out to the local bars and stuff more, and head to the cinema later to see what's on.
Oh and if you're wondering why I'm making so many entries, I wanna get stuff out of the way before I forget about them.

No comments: